View Single Post
      05-19-2022, 09:24 AM   #15
moproblems
Beware of cheap bait!
Rep
Drives: 2021 M4 Isle of Man Green

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearwater4me View Post
Sorry for the never-ending questions, but I need help with the rear camber control arm - rear subframe bolt.
I'm having a hell of a time trying to put the bolt back in between the camber control arm & subframe.
As you can see in the picture, the whole arm needs to be pulled towards the outside of the vehicle but with the jack I have, it seems almost impossible to do so.
And I've tried like 20 different jacking spots on the arm but no dice.

mattssi moproblems
Sorry for tagging you guys, but how easy or difficult was it to do it by removing the camber/eccentric bolts/nuts?
Were you able to line up the previous position(camber) with ease?
Any recommendation in reassembly sequence? (Which bolts first?)

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
I personally didn't have an issue doing it from the outside, just used a paint pen and marked them beforehand, however...

Prybar is your best friend here, you have to pivot the whole carrier outwards to get that bolt to line up. Stick a prybar or extension between the subframe and the inside of the arm and push/pull towards the outside of the car. You can also buy a tool that looks like a huge spike to line the arm and bushing up, but try a prybar first.

If you have another set of hands have somebody pull on the bottom of the rotor while you are under waiting for the bolt to line up.
Appreciate 1