05-18-2022, 08:07 AM   #12
GixY2K
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '19 GLA45AMG(his) / '21 X3M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by vetteflier View Post
Wow. I could have written this. Here since '05; never a plate on my 3 Vettes, none on my M4C. Ticket at Schriever when the SP's got a new commander who was basically a dick. Put the plate on, got the ticket dumped; took the plate off. Never a second look from COS or EPSO cops. They have better things to do.
I would like to claim that I did get a win against my fellow DEFENDERS (my son is currently one), when they kept telling me that I had to remove my radar detector from my dash.

So, what I did was, I printed out the AFPAM that establishes SOPs for radar detectors, and no where in there states you have to remove your radar detector, only says to make sure the radar detector is not operational or turned off.

So I kept showing this to all the cops in Schriever, Peterson, and USAFA when asked to remove my detector from the dash. And when they would try to come up with their own interpretation of the AFPAM, I would politely tell them that they are not to interpret directives, only to enforce them. I even talked to a Sergeant in Pete that I played basketball with, and explain this to him. Suddenly after that, I noticed that all three bases don't even mention my radar detector any more as I come in through the gate
Appreciate 1