View Single Post
      05-06-2022, 09:30 AM   #6
IAm3
Private
Rep
Drives: 1999 Mcoupe (boston green)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GixY2K View Post
I've lived here in Colorado Springs since '05 and have traveled throughout the state with all my cars that have no front license plate. I did the same when I lived in CA. Front license plates are required by law in both states but rarely enforced; zero incidents, in my case.

The only time I've gotten ticketed for not having a front license plate was on Schriever AFB while my car was parked back-first, so the cop had to get out of his car to see if I was in fact a CO registered car in ordered to write me a ticket. And once coming on base in Peterson AFB. While one cop was checking my ID, the other went to the back, again, to check and see that I was a CO registered car. On both occasions, I just had to install my front license plate, take my vehicle to the Security Forces squadron, and get the ticket corrected; nothing went against my points or history.

At the end of the day, yes, you are rolling the dice depending on where you live. As you can tell, here in the Springs, the cops don't give a crap about front license plates. It may be different where you live.

What I do, in case I do get stop for that, I carry my front license plate under my front passenger mat, and I have an excuse ready, which is, "Sorry officer, but my front license frame/bracket just broke and I'm in the process of getting a new one".
Get either a tow hook license plate mount or a stow n’ show mount. Whatever works for you.
Appreciate 0