View Single Post
      04-08-2022, 08:04 PM   #70
MCM4
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 GMC AT4

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightWriter View Post
I'm curious: what's the order/wait process on the BW's like? And why are you so sure you'll be happy to dump it for the M4 when it's ready?
Who says I am dumping the Blackwing? My plan is to keep it and the M4. And I hope I am wrong, but I think the Blackwing will be much more fun and engaging to drive (yes, 6MT versus auto, I know). The BMW wins all day on interior. It really would be a great duo - 1 manual, 1 auto, 1 RWD, 1 AWD, 1 4 door, 1 coupe.

As for the Blackwing process, I initially ordered a 5 from a local dealer in September 2021. I was #10 on their allocation list. I have moved all the way up to 8... which is code for I am going nowhere fast. In December 2021, I ordered a 2nd CT5-V Blacking from one of the top Cadillac dealers in the country. I was #150 +/- on their waiting list for a 5. I am already down to under 90 with them. My long term goal is to have the CT5-V Blackwing and the M4 Competition xDrive. But I am not about to give up the next 4-5 months with no new cars, and I was offered a deal on a completely built CT4-V BW that just needs to ship. So I could not pass that up. Obviously, the 4s are easier to get. Everyone clamors for the LT4 668 HP Beast. Me included
Appreciate 1