RonBurgundy
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: -

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD75 View Post
Hey Ron,

The Remus RACING system is by far the best bang for buck in comparison to the Akrapovic and BMW MPE systems.

The Remus downpipe back system is actually too aggressive in my opinion, I'd strongly recommend the secondary cat-back system instead. It will not be as loud with exhaust valves open, unwanted rasp and drone will be reduced too.

The Akrapovic Evolution Line system is noticeably quieter than the Remus RACING downpipe back system, in particular with valves closed.

However the overall exhaust note is deeper than the Remus system, dare I say it's more refined too with zero rasp and drone in conjunction with the factory downpipes.

I'd go so far as saying the Akra system would benefit from a high-flow catted DP upgrade, which would allow for the ultimate Dr. Jekyll and Mr Hyde set up when switching between exhaust valves closed and open (when you want to get noticed) and hear that sweet S58 engine in all its glory, haha.

I can't personally comment on the M Performance Exhaust as I'm yet to install one, however based on the YouTube audio clips I've listened to and other comments posted online, I feel the MPE would benefit from the installation of high-flow catted DP's too.

Here is a link to an audio clip of the Remus RACING downpipe back system we installed on a G80 M3 last month.

https://fb.watch/c4VRiwOvr3/

Cheers,

JD.
Justin.M@jdtuning.com.au
Ph. 0421 641 381
What is the price for the Akra Evolution line system including installation?
Is it a bolt on system or does the exhaust need to be cut?

Thanks
Appreciate 0