View Single Post
      03-19-2022, 09:56 AM   #36
spicoli024
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M3 COMPETITION

Active Autowerke Signature Single Mid-Pipe

Update after installation of the Active Autowerke Signature Single Mid-Pipe for the G80 M3.

Shoutout to Mike (mike@x-ph.com) at Extreme Power House for the hookup on this new addition. Waited a little over 2 months for delivery and had it installed locally in Houston, again by European Motor Gruppe (EMG).

AA Single Mid-Pipe: I was looking for a simple exhaust that was not obnoxiously loud but offered a sportier sound and more burbles similar to the previous F8x generation--this system delivered. Not only was the price very economical for an aftermarket solution, the note is much deeper and keeps the primary set of cats and resonators; therefore, it does not throw any CELs and will still pass state emissions inspection. With the valves closed in Economic mode, the car is quiet and refined. Adjust the settings to Sport Plus with the valves open, however, and Henry Jekyll instantly transforms into Edward Hyde. The exhaust note is noticeably deeper than stock at idle. Driving around 4,200rpm the note begins to spike as it approaches red line and becomes more high pitched and a tad raspy, but definitely not overwhelming (at least to me). Backing off the throttle, gurgles and pops grab the attention of bystanders and turn heads. Gear changes, although obviously not quicker, sound more responsive with an added pop at higher end limits. Overall, I could not be happier with this setup. It is just right for me, and depending on my mood or the occasion, I now have the option to control Jekyll and Hyde. However, the latter persona has proven dominant and everyone else will just have to deal with it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIbHpc1DrCU
Attached Images

Last edited by spicoli024; 03-19-2022 at 11:11 AM..
Appreciate 3