Rep
Drives: 2024 M2

Garage List
2024 BMW M2  [8.75]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murse85 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by M2 CCO View Post
Nu finish is more of a filler for swirls and scratches and not necessarily a paint correction if memory serves. It's more temporary in nature, but like a wax, it will eventually wash away and require reapplication to mask/fill the imperfections.

Paint correcting with a polisher will permanently remove them from your clear coat unless you add more back via the wash process you follow.

For the black plastics I've had good results with various polishing compounds like Sonax perfect finish applied with my Rupes nano polisher. For heavier swirls I've gone thru a multi stage polish and started with a heavier cut compound like carpro ultracut and finished with sonax with either a yellow or white rupes polishing pad.

Gotcha!! So can you use Sonax polish on the rims as well?
Yes you could but using a machine to polish the black portions of the wheel spokes will be very difficult without access to a small rotary tool. I've seen a few different styles of them, but I don't have one personally. I did a quick search on Amazon and you would need something like this for the right spots on the wheel surfaces. Don't know if this product is any good but hopefully this helps with the description

SGCB 41PCS Powerful Mini Detail Polisher 5/8" Thread 20,000RPM w/Assorted Pads Polishing Foam Pad Kit Comfort Grip Flexible Rotary Polisher Shaft Pencil Style Micro Die Grinder Set Extension Drill https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07FNTR1BZ...DPAH9FP21BF8XK
Appreciate 1
Limegrntaln13698.00