02-07-2022, 04:49 PM   #236
KylianHamilton
Private
Rep
Drives: F90 M5, G80 M3C, Tesla M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by vetteflier View Post
Still amazed that some want to be able to close the valves. I wired them open, as I originally posted, and only wish they were louder. I haven't heard any exhaust combo that I would say really sounds great. Some better than others. But I can't conceive of ever wanting them quieter. Hence, no way I'd spend $200 or whatever to make it happen. Still, to each his own. Much quicker and free to have them open fully.
People living in cities may prefer the closed setup. Still going to be doing exhaust mods in the G80 but on my F87 M2 whenever I would leave my home past 10 PM I'd make sure to start the car with the valves closed to not upset the neighbours. I live in a small city and there's homes close to my garage.

And sure whenever you're driving around have the flaps fully open but when cruising on the freeway for hours it's nice to close the valves aswell and enjoy the music a bit more and be able to have a normal conversation.

Best set-up for me is as loud as possible when I want to and it being able to be quiet as well.
Appreciate 1
SaMaster144500.50