Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///MPhatic View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
ANYBODY blaming the truck for that accident is being purposely obtuse and likely does not understand traffic laws/right of way. The Accord driver is at fault 100%. Not only was the driver following too closely/tailgating, the driver also made a flagrant unsafe lane change, was traveling too fast for the conditions AND illegally passed on the right shoulder. All of those reckless driving conditions caused that traffic collision, not the vehicle speed of the truck in the +1 lane.
I am so surprised that you say this, I mean, honestly.

I agree that the Accord driver is mostly to blame, but I don't see the truck driver as without fault.

If the truck driver had gotten out of the way the accident wouldn't have happened.
If the truck driver would not have sped up when the Accord driver did then the accident would not have happened.

These two facts are proof that they are somewhat to blame IMO.

I'm obviously not a lawyer, but what the guy in the truck did was not right.
I've worked the road a long time. The truck IS NOT at fault despite how you feel. The truck driver was not obligated to move. The Accord driver crashed because of their reckless driving behavior. There is no such thing as "mostly" at fault. You're either at fault or you're not.

Let's look at it another way. The truck seemingly brake checked the Accord because the driver of the Accord was riding his bumper, which is already a vehicle code violation. The Accord driver committed a number of violations he didn't need to commit, most obvious being the flagrant, abrupt and unsafe lane change, speeding and the unsafe passing on the right, which is the action that caused the traffic collision. The truck had nothing to do with that.
Appreciate 3
///MPhatic14935.50
minn1914512.50