View Single Post
      02-02-2022, 12:17 PM   #24
RowanBuds
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 3 pedal 718, G05, MkVII GTI

All depends where you're at and where you're willing to go to.

If you're in North Jersey and need something kind of local, go see Phil Detailers Domain - he does truly outstanding work, the shop is gorgeous, he's a great guy and never seems to forget a customer - even after a few years. His guidance and product availability are also top notch - he's got the reputation he does for good reason and hard work.

If you're more central or south and don't want to drive too far, go see Nick at Abuff and Beyond. Very similar experience and positives to all I stated about Phil above.

For this type of work, you should expect to pay for quality. I could have gotten my PPF done for about 1,000 less all in at some no name shop (that may not even exist 3 or 4 years later) than Phil and the staff over at Detailers Domain did it for me back in 2015 - but the final product and it's longevity are well worth the delta to me.

One more thing, if your detailer recommends extra PPF and you think it's just an upsell/cash-grab; it's probably not. They see the cars frequently, know the trouble or debris areas, and honestly - probably want to save themselves future work to fix paint damage caused by an owner being penny wise but pound foolish.

If I had listened to Phil all those years back, I would have fully ppf'd the rear quarters and the full roof - saving myself a good bit of annoyance now many years later.

Detailers Domain F80

Le Mans Blue F80 - Munich 5-22-2015 / US 7-7-2015 / SOLD 9-17-2022
ED Recap
Arctic Grey G05 - Spartanburg 8-29-2019
X5 PCD Recap
Appreciate 3