02-01-2022, 11:11 AM   #16
wtwo3
Major General
Rep
Drives: 23 X7 40i; 23 M3; 24 cooper s

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by sspade View Post
Unreal, thanks for sharing. I definitely agree with you although Ive never had the privilege.

One of my goals is custom ordering a vehicle for performance center delivery, even if not a particularly high spec... a custom spec nonetheless! I do feel like after going through all that... I would want to own rather than lease.

Is my old school thought process accurate in assuming that a finance from the start will always be cheaper than a lease... if lessee decided to finance said vehicle AFTER the lease term?
Definitely. I'm seriously considering the performance center delivery on my next order later this year. I would have loved to do European delivery but unfortunately they canceled the program before I ever got the chance to. Maybe one day they'll bring it back....

As for your thought process.... it depends. Depends on a few factors such as residual values of the lease term, interest rates, market conditions etc.

TYPICALLY leasing first and then buying out your lease after lease term will be more expensive than simply financing the car from the get-go. But there's exceptions to that.

'20 BMW m340i... '20 BMW X5 40i... '16 Infiniti Q50 RS 400... '10 Lexus RX 350... '08 Lexus IS 350... '00 Nissan Maxima... '93 Nissan Maxima
Appreciate 0