Rep
Drives: BMW E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwt2440 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M ARMY View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwt2440 View Post
Just curious as I am in SoCal as well. Is spending $14,000 for these coatings worth it considering we live in good weather year round? I sort of get it if I lived in chicago or something with all the shit weather but here in LA what am I really protecting against? Definitely not the elements so is it the micro rock chips in the paint?
If your spending $14k on that… super over priced
That $14k was based on what someone posted near the top of the thread. But now that I look at it there are two options listed. I added them together. Regardless I always lease for tax purposes so IDGAF about putting a condom on my car.
Yeah if you are leasing, you definitely don't need ppf. I've always leased before and never got dinged for small rock chips when returning the cars.

I would be purchasing this car and agree with you with so cal weather, keeping me on the fence to do ppf or ceramic coating. If you get rock chips on your ppf, you still end up having to take it off/redo the wrap too. I know the original paint will be protected but maintenance wise seems just as high.
2014 Porsche 991 C2S - SOLD!
2011.5 E92 M3 6MT - SOLD!
Appreciate 0