TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep
Drives: F01 & F15 / Mineral White

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilabyte View Post
Nice bro!
Quick question: What made you go with Sony over LG?
I am a huge fan of LG brand as a whole. This is actually my first Sony TV purchase since my old school silver bravia tube TV back in the late 90s!
The newer Bravia line of TVs have become quite respected and desirable over the past few years. Specifically their main processor chips known as XR have been very highly regarded for overall PQ. I strongly considered LG C1 77in OLED.I scoured the internet and YouTube reviews and comparisons.
It really came down to Samsung, LG and Sony. I then insisted on having Dolby Vision and Atmos standard. That ruled out Samsung. I then decided against OLED for fear of potential of image burn in. Especially on static images. I watch lot's of ESPN and yes, CNN. They both have those permanent, scrolling, bright banners at the bottom that are notorious for burn in or ghosting. My eyes and vision are quite sensetive. I still see in 20/20. I did not one to risk seeing anything like that while watching a movie(s) with black bars and faint images at the bottom.
The room this TV in can get bright (advantage LED) and very dark.
II have since self calibrated this Sony and it is stunning. Especially with 4K HDR10 content! But even 1080 like tonight's Thursday Night Football is incredible.
I definitely wanted 80in and up since I already had a 80" full array LED 1080p for over 6 years. Lastly, I grabbed this on a Cyber Monday deal that I could not pass up.
Appreciate 1
wrickem2124.50