View Single Post
      11-26-2021, 01:32 PM   #5
jetbill
Captain
Rep
Drives: G80 M3

Some new fun things. Made an adaptor out for 7075 to encapsulate the stock OEM bearing to adapt a standard 3" ID Eibach coil spring. Certainly would help with clearances for future camber plate development as the inner shock tower has some serious limitations with its "stiffening rigids".

Some lessons learned here, planned to use a helper/tender with the 6" long spring but the KW perch doesn't allow for enough adjustment up or down to allow for a desired ride height.

Things to look out for is enough spring travel to prevent spring bind, a longer spring would be beneficial but not doable unless you want stock ride height.

A 3" ID spring was required as opposed to a standard 2.5" ID as the KW perch is much larger than my last Dinan HAS, were I was able to interchange standard 2.5" coils. I started with a 400lb spring, ignoring any frequency calcs or flat ride requirements, surprisingly there isn't much pitch with the progressive rear.

Further research would be required in analyzing spring block heights and various rates to develop the right combination to be used with a tender or helper, a 250-300lb 8" might work with no helper if there was more adjustment on the KW perch.

At the lowest setting on the KW perch using a 6" 400lb spring I was able to achieve exactly a 1.00" drop from stock ride height.
Attached Images