View Single Post
      11-07-2021, 07:14 AM   #135
Patton250
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW X3,M5,Turbo S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss330 View Post
I did a Google search in German and I have found two different reports on manufacturing delays for BMW and one specificially for the G8x

First this report from april that says the Regensburg factory had to close for two days due to the chip shortage. Same article also says that other German manufacturers have been hit far worse than BMW with having had to shut down for several weeks.
The Regensburg factory makes 1000 cars per day.

https://www.bimmertoday.de/2021/04/3...erbrechen/amp/

Then this second report from august that says all but the Munich factory has decreased production or going just one shift leading to 10000 vehicles not being made the next following days.

https://www.bimmertoday.de/2021/07/2...allen-bei-bmw/

Neither of these point to a «massive delay» in production for the G8x, but certainly a delay having found place.

Then this third, and most recent report from two weeks ago (october 19th), which is almost like a déjà vu to people familiar with previous BMW S-engines like the S54, S65, S85 … A bearing issue…
This time a main bearing issue discovered during quality checks with a suppler.
This has lead to a halt in production until the case is solved. So far only 25 vehicles have been affected and the problem was discovered before the cars where delivered to customers.

https://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/...er-mangelhaft/
I don’t think they’re going to report everything but check out all the build week threads right here and find out how many times people have been pushed back. I ordered mine and it should’ve been done two months ago. So mine got delayed two months. 60 days. I’m not even close to the only one here that’s happened to. Yes this forum is only a microcosm of all sales but it’s still a pretty good indicator of what’s happening. Bing series for a second you are aware of the worldwide chip shortage right? I’m asking you this in a serious way. You are aware that BMW is not the only manufacturer with massive production delays? You are aware that every auto manufacturer is going through the exact same thing right? I mean this series of questions with respect.

I’ll give you some more analogies and personal antidotes that seem to be pushed aside not respected by some on this thread. Several friends of mine that have a used truck has been approached by the dealer they bought it from an offered more money to buy it back than what they paid for it originally. that’s how desperate dealerships are. When I bought my Toyota Camry hybrid 90 days ago I had to call every Toyota dealership in the state of Florida to find it. I finally found one 200 miles from my house. I wanted to buy it from my local Toyota dealership where I bought my Tacoma but they didn’t have any. They literally had 10% of the normal amount of cars on their lot then they usually have. It’s bad and it’s by far not just BMW.
Appreciate 0