View Single Post
      11-04-2021, 06:34 PM   #80
Patton250
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW X3,M5,Turbo S

Quote:
Originally Posted by RowanBuds View Post
Thank you for sharing both, and at the same time I'm astonished you did. So, I'm assuming my calculator is not broken here, but that leaves us with 12 months of fixed-roof production at:

F8X: 2,280 (F80) = 5,500 (F82) = 7,780

G8X: 3,430 (G80) + 3,030 (G82) = 6,460

And G83 on the same 4 month timeframe: F8X: 880 G8X: 280. (minus 600 units on the vert)

Total of -1,920 units, or almost 30%... I can't believe that's entirely chip shortage; F8x's weren't exactly easy to find for most of year 1 either.

Seems all this bluster about 'fastest selling ever' isn't likely to be based on facts to me.
I appreciate you posting this. I will assume that it’s accurate. It proves my point exactly. Considering COVID-19 and the part shortage you can see how the new generation M3 sales are significantly better then the previous generation.. To make things worse these numbers obviously don’t include how many orders have been placed and unfulfilled or the allocations requested either. Those numbers are astronomical. Once again thanks for posting that.

Lastly before responding with some smart ass remark I realize you’re going to disagree with me. That’s fine. I ask you to call around and inquire from sales people that have been around for years and see the difference in enthusiasm, orders and allocation requests. Also my only point has been from the beginning that just because some die hard traditionalists on this forum hate change and want to see the same grille on every BMW for the next millennium are upset that doesn’t mean most people don’t like the new design. The sales numbers prove people like it just fine. At the end of the day you don’t have to buy one. So be blessed and have a great evening.

I also realize you’re still going to respond with a smart ass remark so go ahead
Appreciate 1