10-28-2021, 08:17 PM   #6
jimbethesda
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3 (F80)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexura View Post
I have been personally watching your progress as we had the same production timelines. Therefore, I can feel your pain at this shitty development. My question is how they can lose the defective part? And also, is there no way of recovery? I am thinking they overpromised on the monitoring part by promising a fast shipment.
I agree with you that these issues are sucking the fun out of this experience. And I am getting really impatient now.😒
Thanks, I appreciate it.

So the story from the dealership is that they were expecting a shipment of parts today and mine was part of that order. The entire order never arrived and the shipper has lost track of it. Sounds a little fishy, but I do have a long relationship with this dealership, so I don't think they are playing games. But, it has crossed my mind. Maybe they want me to pull out so they can sell it for $10k over MSRP (I'm paying MSRP). Again, I don't think that's the case.

We'll see if the part shipment ends up arriving tomorrow and if not, hopefully I can still take delivery and just bring it back once the part arrives. My 2015 M3 doesn't have blind spot monitoring, so not really concerned about not having this feature a few weeks, at least I can enjoy the car.

The scenario of waiting 15-days (or more) for the backup part before I can take delivery doesn't sound very good. Not sure what I'll say. Hopefully it won't come to that.
2015 M3 (sold)
2022 G83
Appreciate 1
Lexura314.50