View Single Post
      10-22-2021, 12:07 AM   #289
Kimchiguy79
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2022 Lexus IS500 FSP Launch Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinzzze View Post
If you speak of a pattern, I find that all early deliveries were pretty much bare-bone builds (no exterior carbon pack, no Bucket seats). Week 31 was when the RAM stop-sale started and the average wait time at VPC just got longer and longer. Week 39 was when BMW started holding cars with missing RAM at QC due to long waiting queue at VPCs. BMW was prioritizing built cars so further production delays were introduced.

I guess Halifax is not capable of installing the RAM so my car got held up at Bremerhaven but other week 37 builds set sail to the US two weeks ago. US dealers are now telling people who is not yet ordered a minimum 9-month wait, including those who was impacted by the main bearing shell recall and wanting a new replacement.

On the side, M-performance carbon bits seem very accessible. Lead time is usually just a few days. I have a full set at dealer to replace the piano black trims weeks ago. Lmao
Those are some fantastic insights into where cars are being held up and the delay patterns. It makes sense for them to be held at QC and thus bumping production of Sept builds to Nov. I just wonder if they've resolved stop-sale issues by now so that all current builds can go through production.

It's crazy to think that now they're projecting a 9 month wait! I have a friend in Van who is trying to get an allocation so I wonder if he'll get his hands on one before next summer.

Not surprising that you've got parts all ready to go lol - I have winter tires waiting at my tire place I go to. Knowing my luck I'll be picking up my M3 in a December snowstorm... So maybe I should just bring my winters to the dealership and get them installed upon delivery.
Appreciate 1
Shinzzze195.50