09-01-2021, 12:05 PM   #164
M3AWD
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 G80 M3 AWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgokev View Post
Hey gang. I defected from the Skyscraper Grey thread. My M3Cx drops into production next week and I did a last minute color switch to Portimao.

My spec:
Portimao
Black extended
826m blacks w red calipers
Carbon interior
Exec pack
Laser & shadowline lights

Any day now I won't be able to change anything anymore. Really struggling with black interior with red calipers or do another last minute switch to orange with blue or black calipers.

The top things I care about are aesthetics and resale. Durability/upkeep is less of a concern.
I love bold and colored interiors so I would recommend Kyalami Orange or Fiona Red as I love those with blue... Some will say that's too loud but it's really all about you! I think both will do well when it comes to resale value with future G8x buyers. If you are very conservative with interior colors stick with Black or maybe consider Silverstone or Tartufo. I personally don't like Tartufo on the G8x because it doesn't have the two-tone look with black accents, which gives it more of a luxury than sporty look.

If you go with the orange interior you might want to switch calipers to blue to avoid an orange/red clash. If you go with red interior I think red calipers work great. I'm going with orange interior and then painting my calipers orange as soon as I get the car.

2022 G80 M3 Comp M xDrive
Appreciate 0