Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 F30 335i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by corbs09 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by perryreid90 View Post
all engine hardware is identical, BMW dictates their trim levels with state of tune, not mechanical differences, this is why they are such a power player with tuners and enthusiasts, because with repogramming, boom, you now have a different car, especially makes a difference with the T I6s
I understand that, but the reason they say they "detuned" the 6mt cars or dont have 6mt in the comp trim is due to more torque. They didn't think the clutch could handle it. If it is the same clutch in the f80, they are rated to about 516ft/lbs. I hope someone comes out with a good aftermarket clutch so us 6mt guys can push some power too.
ah yeah torque limits on 6MTs are a different ball game. i think pushing past 6mt torque limits is fine to a degree, but with the expectation that more frequent clutch replacement will be necessary. if you want to risk it and tune, maybe stock up on replacement clutches until the aftermarket comes up with a nice billet alternative, which im sure they are probably already developing as i write this
Appreciate 0