View Single Post
      06-30-2021, 09:21 PM   #46
cpippolo
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2 Comp

When the Alfa came out I was sure I was going to get it. It sounded like a fantastic car, and being of Italian descent the make of the car had some appeal. I must have configured a car a dozen times on their website. Then I read the reviews from the major car magazines, and I recall that every one of them had major problems arise during the test drives. In cars presumably hand picked by Alfa. The quality just wasn't there, and this was going to be a daily driver for me. I eventually got an M2C, and after a couple of years I decide it wasn't practical or comfortable enough for me (but like my other BMWs, has been bulletprrof and a blast to drive, even with a somewhat balky 6-speed). So I ordered a G80 M3C that I'm picking up at PCD Friday. I have not driven the Alfa, but based on all the reviews and member comments it seems like a great car to drive. I'm guessing it will bring a smile to the driver's face every time they drive with enthusiasm, and the design certainly has some flair. But the G80 is also pretty fantastic, and I gravitated towards the greater comfort, tech and reliability of the G80. But I get why someone would pick the Alfa. Its been out for a while now so hopefully they've solved most of the quality problems, but not a chance I was willing to take.
Appreciate 0