View Single Post
      06-17-2021, 12:47 AM   #68
02M3ForMe
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puuhapete View Post
Disagree on the Bose. I have it on my Taycan and while its very good, my HK in my earlier F80 was at least as good. I don't like the strong "Treble" emphasis in the Bose. I have it at minus 4 now and now the sound is quite ok. But still not better than the HK in my F80. The bass is clearer and softer in the Bose, I like that.

Burmester is different level than Bose but the price is crazy as almost all options are in the Porsche.
I'm always disappointed with the bass with stock systems in sports/sporty cars. The 992 with Bose delivered in spades, more than any BMW I've owned (includes multiple F82 and F80CS, which had HK). As far as sports cars go, it's in a league of its own - I've mostly had older Italians (F430, Scuderia, 458, LP640), and those cars may as well had $30 Bluetooth speakers from Amazon taped to the doors. I wouldn't call a Taycan a sports car; I have higher expectations for cars of that size class.

For the music I like (rap/hiphop), I was very impressed, especially given that it's the "save $4k" option. It's the first sports car that I'd seriously consider not springing for the top audio option.
Appreciate 1
Sedan_Clan25294.00