05-31-2021, 03:42 PM   #95
Teutonic
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
I get it, but there's the other side of the coin……..those who longed for significant deviation between models; individualized character. I remember back in the late 90's, early 2000's, BMW was lambasted for their "same sausage, different length" approach to design. As time passed, buyers wanted more and more individualization between models. Here we are today with a 4/i4/M3/M4 that polarizes. Some feel slighted while others welcome(d) the change; the uniqueness. We, as "enthusiast" forum dwellers, are a loud, vocal minority (..much like the vocal Instagram bunch). We always have been and we always will be.
I agree and nobody argues with that. Unique however doesn't mean taking the same doors and implement them on a body that has wider rear while they look like crap. I mean, they had the chance to do it unique, yet, that resumes to a different grill and headlamps?
So, you see, unique was made from a statement point of view by cutting corners not by really putting the effort. Imagine this car with special doors that will blend with that rear hip...

let's take the hood line for example: it is a scar on the face of the vehicle. Some, still believe the Bullshit that is a "pedestrian thing" because that's what they are told. Yet, that is not true; it is about some costs and time in manufacturing process. All the other cars are subject to the same rules, yet they stick with their design.
Right in the same class, same brand, the new M340 manages to come with nice grills, nice headlamps and guess what? Without a scar on the face. Hence, that's why I bought it.

Unique can be nice and beautiful not that polarizing. Because polarizing means a lot will not like it, and this forum proves it.
Appreciate 1
KoenG1440.00