Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss330 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by barryc365 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teutonic View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by barryc365 View Post
I don't get you? He wants to know how to turn off his sensors? I told him how to do it. I didn't tell him it's a good idea. He's a big boy
Well, if you know is a bad advice why don't you say it? I mean, I appreciate the effort but you should tell me if is not ok. I give advices in here too, but I disclose if something might not be good....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss330 View Post
And he just pointed out it was bad advice to give to the owner of a Gxx xdrive car...

Bad advice is bad advice, regardless who you give it to or if you follow your own advice or not.
Can you guys enlighten me what is the issue or what is negative about this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefan View Post
TPMS is not required in Canada so you should be able to code it off. Canadian cars use wheel speed sensors to calculate rotational differential to detect a flat. At least that's how all BMWs I know of have been setup for as long as I can remember.
That's what I have on The X1.
maybe my X4 has the same, not sure yet.
But my 2021 M340i (Canadian Performance Edition) has that TPMS (as per my Service advisor). I have replaced the RFT as soon as the car arrived and pick it up with new Michelin PS4 that I bought for it. But since I brought it home it bugs me non stop with "inflate tires). Not to mention it did not calibrate the system, I needed to put the dimensions manually. Plus the door jam says 38 and the computer suggests 49 PSI? I am confused.
Do you know what can be done?
I will gladly just throw the TPMS in the garbage and go without it. I will recheck on Monday to see if I have TPMS for sure.
I did not know it to be 'bad advice'. I was just telling you how it can be done. I've removed bad sensors in the past with no ill effects but that was on slightly older BMWs.

I still haven't heard a good reason not to remove it other than modern cars being 'complex'.

I don't know why the other posters would say it's 'really bad advice' but not take the time to explain why... My guess is that they don't know for sure that there will actually be an issue.
Lemetier who said it was bad advice shared some inside info earlier in this thread re TPMS and adaptive suspension.

Anyone who has been here for some time know that he is someone with inside knowledge from BMW, close to the development.

Search his posts and I think you will find he isn't just a regular contributor on these forums...
Fair enough but instead of just saying 'it's bad advice' twice, he may have enlightened us with his knowledge of the 'why' a little earlier if he's that close to that information.

Again, I wasn't giving advice on weather this is a good idea or not. Lots of people modify their cars and a lot of those modifications are not the smartest of ideas but I was just answering his question on the 'how' it can be done
Fair point, but the same could be said when giving advice as well... 😉

If it's ok to give advice without explaining the pros and cons of said advice, perhaps it's a bit double standards to demand more from someone saying the advice is bad.

IMHO both of you should have explained the reasoning behind what you posted. You adviced him that he could code it out, which seemed like advice he was happy to follow (with possible bad consequences both for warranty, safety and damage to the xdrive), without any disclaimers. Lemetier just pointed out that was bad advice on a Gxx xdrive, without any details as to why.

At least this puts the one that asked this question in a position where he might do some due dilligence before just coding it out.
Well after reading all that nonsense I'd like that 10mins of my life back ...