05-23-2021, 12:00 AM   #51
Teutonic
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryc365 View Post
I don't get you? He wants to know how to turn off his sensors? I told him how to do it. I didn't tell him it's a good idea. He's a big boy
Well, if you know is a bad advice why don't you say it? I mean, I appreciate the effort but you should tell me if is not ok. I give advices in here too, but I disclose if something might not be good....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss330 View Post
And he just pointed out it was bad advice to give to the owner of a Gxx xdrive car...

Bad advice is bad advice, regardless who you give it to or if you follow your own advice or not.
Can you guys enlighten me what is the issue or what is negative about this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefan View Post
TPMS is not required in Canada so you should be able to code it off. Canadian cars use wheel speed sensors to calculate rotational differential to detect a flat. At least that's how all BMWs I know of have been setup for as long as I can remember.
That's what I have on The X1.
maybe my X4 has the same, not sure yet.
But my 2021 M340i (Canadian Performance Edition) has that TPMS (as per my Service advisor). I have replaced the RFT as soon as the car arrived and pick it up with new Michelin PS4 that I bought for it. But since I brought it home it bugs me non stop with "inflate tires). Not to mention it did not calibrate the system, I needed to put the dimensions manually. Plus the door jam says 38 and the computer suggests 49 PSI? I am confused.
Do you know what can be done?
I will gladly just throw the TPMS in the garbage and go without it. I will recheck on Monday to see if I have TPMS for sure.

Last edited by Teutonic; 05-23-2021 at 12:08 AM..
Appreciate 0