dialogical
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanAutM3 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dialogical View Post
I disagree with this. The figures I've seen indicate that M3's have always been around the $75k range adjusting for inflation (unless you want to go back 20 years, at which point I'd question the usefulness of going so far back in time).

Porsche prices, however, have skyrocketed.
We're on the same page regarding base price, where the gap between the M3/4 and 911 has kept increasing. My point is that BMW has kept adding more and more pricey options where many out the door M3/4 are now close or over the base 911 price. But as heavyD^2 has pointed out, there aren't many stripper base 911 out there.

Further, for us in Canada, the G8X base price jumped quite significantly compared to the E46, E9X and F8X...
I'm with you on the pricey options, but that's just good business sense.

We all agree you don't need to spend $8k on CCBs and $5k on exterior carbon fiber, but some folks want to, and BMW is smart to service them.

This will sound like I'm a Porsche-hater, but truthfully speaking the real super villain when it comes to options is the boys from Stuttgart. What's that stat? The _average_ 911 has $30k of options on it? Fully optioned M3's don't add that much to the base price.
Appreciate 2
KevinGS3389.00
SYT_Shadow11517.00