View Single Post
      05-07-2021, 12:53 PM   #53
KevinGS
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Past 2015 M4, Current 2013 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyD^2 View Post
....but I'm willing to bet there's a lot of older Porsche enthusiasts that are just as bitter with Porsche over today's offering as there is BMW enthusiasts angry about BMW's current direction. It is what it is.
Indeed. Lots of Porschephiles are stuck in the past, as you will hear constantly that the latest 911 is just "too big", "too isolated" and has way too many "safety features" for a true sports car.

Porschephiles are worse than BMW enthusiasts.

It's safe to say some old fogeys will never move on.

And yes, a lot of editors at magazines and car organizations are older (including the beloved Chris Harris), so it's hard for them to fall in love with newer cars. That's to be expected, with size increases, all the new tech, and stifled exhaust notes. I don't blame them.

But it won't stop me from owning a newer car, because I can appreciate the state of automotive engineering today (before we're forced to go hybrid and electric), AND I can appreciate cars from the past, which admittedly do feel way more analog and connected to the overall driver's experience. I'll take both, because depending on my mood, or the trip, or the event, each fills a purpose for me.

Last edited by KevinGS; 05-07-2021 at 03:52 PM..
Appreciate 2
chicagofan0019328.50
EXE462104.50