05-05-2021, 09:12 AM   #645
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Maboomba View Post
If you’re planning to buy I recommend you do that up front, perhaps through a balloon loan financing program to keep initial payments low. In calculating my options for an M3 I found that lease-to-buy was several $K more expensive than just buying up front. Over a three year time horizon you avoid paying sales tax on about 60% of the cars value but the financing costs are higher than an auto loan by about the same amount.

If you want to try it before you commit the lease could make sense but financially it would still be a better option to put the $25K in an interest bearing savings account and setup a $700/month autopay so the same amount was due out of your primary checking each month. Time value of money, investment opportunity costs, risk of losing your down payment if the car is totaled early, etc. etc. You can see a deep dive comparison of lease vs buy in my thread at https://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1820937.
I don't think Porsche offers a balloon-finance program like BMW does. I have time to adjust my finance approach though. The car won't be here until Dec/Jan.
Appreciate 0