Rep
Drives: G80 M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transfer View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dialogical View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris3g View Post
.00133 is the current buy rate (.00093) plus the bmw maximum allowable markup (.0004), that's where they are getting that number from.
So I just got off the phone with the folks at the dealership - they're telling me that all their leases are done at the .00133 number. I essentially told them that's nonsense because I know folks are getting better deals, and if I was willing to wait I could go through a broker.

We'll see what they say!
It's very reasonable to demand base money factor but they don't have to give it to you. If they stick to their inflated MF, you get to decide if you swallow that pill or move on to a different dealer. When starting to negotiate I state up front that there will be no deal above base BMW MF.
Thanks for everyone's help here.

The salesguy at the dealership stuck to his "we lease all our cars at that number and it can't be changed" right up until I told him that I wasn't going to be buying a car at MSRP and max allowable money factor, and that I'd just wait a few months for a broker to free up.

He called me back 5 minutes later saying the lower MF had been approved.

For all the things that suck about Tesla, not having to deal with this stuff is a major benefit.
Appreciate 1
Transfer5260.00