04-13-2021, 08:37 AM   #17
unluky
Major
Rep
Drives: 04 z4 3.0 Sport & 15 X5 35i XD

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by spazzyfry123 View Post
I admit, I’m probably an extreme situation in that I have multiple very old, large oaks and plenty of pines. I have quite a few things dropping! For me, it’s the lesser of two evils - without the guards my gutters would probably need cleaning once a week during “peak” season. It’s an all day (if not multiple) event to clean the gutters. Now it seems I can just run up the ladder every 20 ft instead of 4 ft and blast with a leaf blower. As an idea, I fill a 5 gallon bucket with junk each of those 4 ft.
Agreed. I put mine on YEARS ago as I have those trees that drop those annoying "squiggles" when the season hits. Do I see them pile up a LITTLE on the gutter guards when they are dropping like crazy? Yep. Do they come off immediately the next time there is wind or rain? Yep.

The first few years I had the guards on I would still get up there and pop the ends ones off to check the corners and downspouts. After about 3 trips with nothing - I have not been up there in years. When it rains I step out and check the downspouts and if they are flowing well - I sleep tight.

The gutter covers work excellent for me.