04-12-2021, 10:58 AM   #465
jailonacs99
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 M4 xDrive Competition

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonahk View Post
I was on the fence about this after a bad experience in another brand of car with braking assist. It does look like you can turn if off with a single button though which is nice.

I want to know more about the Traffic Jam Assistant. I tried to use it during my hour+ test drive but could never get it to activate...
I'm decided I'm sold on the Driver Assistance Professional if solely for the Adaptive Cruise Control. This last weekend we went on a 600 mile drive in our Grand Cherokee which has ACC. I never like using a system like that at speed (rarely even use regular cruise control), but when the highway speeds were dropping down to accordion near stop and go due to slow downs, it was great to just flip it on, set the cruise to 80 MPH, and it always kept a good distance to the car in front of me. Was a great way to relax my legs.

All the Traffic Jam Assist must add is the lane keeping assistance to the formula. Which is a fine additional "nice to have", but I certainly wouldn't use it in every day driving because I don't like the idea of maneuvering around something and having my steering wheel fight me. But ACC is great for long drives, which I'll plan to do plenty of in my G82.
Appreciate 0