Bunkei
Anti-Fanboy
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorp!on View Post
That's just not true.
Of course there are Brand loyal People who just go for the brand they love, but if a manufactor really puts an amazing car on the road it will sell.
Look at the GR Yaris for instance, people go nuts about that car.

If Cadillac would really blow away BMW in any aspect and cost about the same or even less you could bet they would sell.
They don't look sporty at all, interior is far behind and the overall Quality just doesn't seem to match up with BMW, Merc, Audi etc.
1) I think you've contradicted yourself there in the first sentence. You admit that brand loyal people only goes for the brand that they love. Given the analytics, the majority of satisfied consumers tend to stick with particular brands through multiple iterations. So even if a competitor puts out a superior product, that in itself is no guarantee to get a consumer to switch.

2) About the GR Yaris, when did it go on sale, and what are the sales #'s on this trim?

3) As to your comment about its looks, interior, and quality: It's subjective, and it makes no sense to argue over subjective observations. I will say that Cadillac models are usually much cheaper than their German rivals. I, for one, do not take issue if they cut corners (within reason) to make their performance cars more affordable to consumers.
Appreciate 0