View Single Post
      03-17-2021, 04:07 PM   #213
HeelToeShift
Major
Rep
Drives: Mine

Quote:
Originally Posted by solstice View Post
It applies as to the weight anxiety and negative sentiment to weight increase of a car of similar weight. Why obsess about it to the level of deciding against the car before you have driven it? And why ignore reports that the car feel great, both lighter and faster than the predecessor and continue the obsessing? We aren’t doing it about CanAutM3’s Porsche when it comes up. He isn’t concerned about it enough to stop a $160k purchase why is the G8X such a target for following the same trend of other brands and since the beginning of M with ever larger cars?

If the car drives like crap it’s open season to look for reasons but if it’s fantastic, why do it?
I'd say this kind of hits it right on for most people, how they drive, and what they're capable of. The M3/4 I was pretty spot on saying it would be 3900 lbs in RWD form and 4100+ in AWD (which I don't know if we've gotten a result there quite yet), but does it drive well? I mean, a Panamera turbo is 4500 lbs and drives better than pretty much any sedan out there and runs a faster N'Ring lap than many recent supercars. The weight at that point is kind of moot, no?
Appreciate 0