View Single Post
      03-10-2021, 11:55 AM   #35
solstice
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
I'm with you on the aesthetics thing. Lower end 911's don't do anything for me. The GT cars are the cat's meow.
I wildly prefer the look of the G82 over the 911 other than packaging but for me a 911 is a big aesthetic change and it won’t look same old as my current car. It will look very new in my drive way and from the driver’s seat which is important when I keep my cars for 5-10 years. I want a big change. And it sure ain’t ugly.

And here’s the truth for me regarding the natural competition. I can’t stand anything about them. I hate them even before I turn them on, the ergonomics are sh*t, they make me feel uncomfortable in every possible way. When I drive them they feel isolated, vague, boring etc. vs the F80 and every M3 before it.

When I jump into the 992 everything is f*cking bliss. I mean literally everything is better except Idrive. So the question that remain is just if the gap to the G82 is smaller than the hassle of the 992. Judging of this video the answer is yes it is, one person opted for the M4 and the other really struggled to say the 992 and added a caveat that he might change his mind. However it’s close enough that I can’t decide without driving the M4 close to the spec I consider.
Appreciate 2