Drives: G20 M340ix; F30 328i msport

Garage List
2018 330i LCI  [0.00]
2020 G20 M340ix  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihbase View Post
Harris keep repeating the line "... if you can get over the way it looks."

Indeed.

I went to see both cars last weekend. Remarkably, they look even worse in person. The fit, finish, and attention to detail are extraordinary. No doubt the chassis evolution is spectacular- as Harris mentioned "credit to whoever still works there." But man, are they ugly.

And unlike the 928, Panamera, and e82, none of which are friends with the camera, but each of which come off better in-person, the G80/G82 just looks worse in person.

I'm sure they will lease to the garish worldwide and sell to the newly moneyed in developing economies - but man, an LCI can not come soon enough.

Spending time in-person with the whole package is like suddenly approaching vomit on a subway platform- the closer you get, the worse you feel.

Let's hope BMW does not commit the same aesthetic assault to the next M2.

-Michael
Whilst looks are subjective I think the proportions of the G80 look good. Based on the various reviews the consensus is it's hands down better than the F80 in every way apart from its weight. It's going to be a big hit and it will sell well no doubt.
The G82 on the other hand just doesn't look appealing to me, as pointed out in the Throttle House review its not the front end, it's the entire exterior design that looks out of whack. No doubt it's a great performance car but TBH I cannot think of an uglier BMW made coupe... ever.

Like you, I'm hanging out for the G87 M2, and based on the mules we've seen so far and the updated interior we see in the G80/82 I think it will be a winner.
Appreciate 0