United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 G80 M3 AWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmym3 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3AWD View Post
Looks great! Congrats

I might go with Portimao Blue on my build too.

Why did you get the base wheel setup?
Great question, I learned a lot from my first M car over the past 12 years (E90 Manual) with winter driving and track driving experiences and lessons learned.

I ended up in the beginning with 3 sets of wheel/tire sets for my E90 for year round daily driving and enjoyment:
1. Factory wheels that eventually got winter tires mounted on them.
2. Summer rim & tires for UHP enjoyment most of the year. All Season UHP tires didn't exist back in the early 2010-2012 timeframe.
3. Track rims and tires in an 18" square setup. Larger sidewalls for track needs, lower cost, easier rotation options to use up all the rubber on all 4 rims before having to buy track tires again....

I want to avoid having 3 more stacks of rims in the garage, and get it down to 2 sets of rims this time around now that they make Pilot Sport UHP All Season tires.
1. Factory - 18"/19" combo to give me best balance of year round use with All Season UHP tires and daily driving comfort when required.
2. Track - 18" square setup again.

Hope this helps.
Sounds good! You got it all figured out

Please post more pics when you get a chance, specially ones that show the CF against Portimao Blue if you can! I plan to spend the $4700 for the M carbon exterior pack but everyone things in crazy. I haven't seen it on PB though!

2022 G80 M3 Comp M xDrive
Appreciate 0