Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by jzx_andy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
No joy sapped for me. It is a far more joyous car to me than the E9X was. I dunno what it was about the E9X, but I was just never really that into it despite owning a sedan and two coupes.
You needed to go through ownership of not one, but three E9x's to realise that they weren't for you?

I suppose it depends on what makes you find the F8x joyous. If it's the turbo power delivery, then certainly the F8x and G8x are up your alley, even if the G8x shapes up to be completely lifeless where your hands and feet are supposed to go! The E9x wasn't for everyone IMO and that becomes obvious as soon as you start plodding around town in one (they are basically gutless compared to all the turbocharged and diesel grocery getters that have 2 pedals and loads of instant torque haha).

Does anyone here specifcally know what manual box the G8x comes with? I've been wondering for quite some time if BMW are still using the 6 speed box from the N55/1M/S55 era, or if they've developed something new, which would be very interesting
No, I just change cars often. The first was a sedan, the second was a regular coupe and the third was a ZCP coupe. Like most M owners, we change cars for stupid reasons (..e.g LCI, etc.)........or just because we can (...in my case, one of my best friends has been the sales manager at two very prominent BMW dealerships in SoCal, so he has made it very easy for me to cycle through BMW's often). Many of us have owned multiple versions of the same models. In my case I loved my E46's, liked my E9X's and loved my F8X's.

Your question about the transmission was answered in BMW's recent transmission video. It's a modified and beefed up version of the transmission used in the F8X.
Appreciate 0