Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

Garage List
F90 M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by weingarm View Post
Thinking of making the same switch. F90 to G80. My F90 has the full Aragon leather and I'd spec the full leather again in the G80. Agree it takes the luxury up a notch. Also getting the carbon buckets.

I'll be going RWD 6MT so the experience will be totally different from the F90. Even with less power, I feel the better handling G80 will more than make up for it. RWD 6MT M3 weighs 550lbs less than the M5.

Even crazier, my 2008 E92 335xi coupe weighed only 60lbs less than the new G80 RWD 6MT with carbon buckets!!! And the E92 only had 300hp! Basically same weight but 173 extra hp in the G80! Should be fun!
I think the G8X is still a bit overweight tho, around 200kg more than the F8X. Hopefully you won't feel this weight differential too much. Carbon seats is a must! I don't personally care about getting in and out of the car (maybe because I'm not very old yet haha) so I think you should enjoy these bucket seats while you still can . RWD is also a must (I doubt they'll make an xDrive CS).

On the other hand, the M5, while heavy, still handles great. I've never once thought "Hey, I wish the M5 would handle better". It is a very capable car all in all. And the M5 is one of the few cars whose acceleration still wows me to this day. The way the car accelerates is something else. Once you floor an F90 every other non-supercar just feels like meh. I just hope the G8X will deliver something close to the M5 power experience.

Last edited by pcai; 02-18-2021 at 10:27 PM..
Appreciate 0