02-13-2021, 09:27 AM   #52
2011ninja
Colonel
Jamaica
Rep
Drives: 2022 G80 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Likeanowl View Post
I’m torn here. I’d say buy a house first and be smart but I wouldn’t be taking my own advice then.... I bought my first bmw, a black 335i when I was 24. Paid in cash so I had no payments. My theory behind this was while under warranty I’d owe literally nothing on the car and be able to keep saving towards a house. More money in my pocket to invest and save at the end of each month. 2 years later I traded it for a 2016 340i with some extra cash down and continued to stock pile money away for a house. When I was 28 (2018) I bought my first house, put a ton of money down (~60%) so my monthly would be as low as possible. This allowed me to then buy a slightly used f80 by July of 2019. In hind sight I wish I had bought the house first and car later but I gotta admit, being 24 with a brand new bimmer fresh off the lot made a lot of my friends jealous . If you have to pick one or the other though I definitely say house. Always a better investment over a car.
Jealous only if they wanted a new BMW 3 series.

My buddy thought he was hot Crap
328i
535i
X5

He does not know crap about cars so they were all headaches. He now drives a Hyundai and loves the car.

He would always try and brag to me about them. I did not want to hurt his feelings because I'm not a fan of pedestrian BMWS or BMW in general just the M3.
Appreciate 0