01-25-2021, 11:28 PM   #33
Nahlem
Captain
Sweden
Rep
Drives: None atm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post
But who really is BMW's "most loyal fanbase?" For the longest time I thought it was people like us who live and die with Inline 6s, hydraulic steering, and the ability to row our own gears whether it be a manual or automatic.
In reality BMW's "most loyal" fans over time have been folks who desire a trendy and flashy car. They are better than ever at fulfilling the desires of their customer base.

Whoever is paying for their bills, being a fanboy is not a good thing nor has it ever been. Just like the fanboys among Apple and Samsung it ain't a good thing. If you haven't been part of the tech world for long... oh boy are you in for a rude awakening when it comes to both marketing and how fast companies switch from one thing to another.
It is a company and a company has to survive above everything else. So in that regard if they were following their core fan base of people who live and die for the inline 6 then BMW would have died also.
There is no future for ICE engines and lot of the "core fans" that you are referring to can't accept this, not implying you ain't accepting it.

It doesn't matter if it is the design that changes or the engines changes the so called "core fans" would be screaming for BMW to go back to what it was.

Lets put it this way what if they didn't change the design so drastically but deiced that the current G series of M3/M4 wouldn't come with an ICE engine but the design wouldn't change, the forums would be filled with people crying about how can they loose the ice engine and rinse and repeat.
But then again who knows maybe it turns out that ICE engines can be developed to be 99% efficient but i doubt that because then they would have done that by now.
All though i like the idea of removing all tech from the windows lately to give this full panoramic view doubt that BMW will follow suit with the i4, wish they would remove this red area on more cars. And simply let the windows flow over the roof to the trunk.

Former Car:BMW i4 M50 Brooklyn Grey (MY22)| BMW i3s BEV (MY19)|Former Car: BMW X1 20d x-drive (MY16)|BMW m235i (MY14)|Former Car: BMW 120d (MY12)|Former Car: Volvo C30 T5 R-Design (MY08)|Former Car: Volvo C70 T5 (MY06)|Former Car: Volvo S40 2.0T(MY1999)
Appreciate 0