View Single Post
      01-18-2021, 01:06 PM   #367
solstice
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndroidRobot View Post
it's an Audi, they have more sensible styling that's almost boring. I'm guessing the color you saw was Nardo Grey. If my wife wasn't so dead set on me getting an Audi I wouldn't even consider it.
Yes, it did look like Nardo. Up here in PNW a car like the RS6 would also be pretty painful to replace an SUV. I was heading up to the mountains for a day of X country ski workout and when I entered the sno park parking area which allow for motorized and non motorized activities there was a Vovo sedan in front of me, it got beached in one of the potholes and needed to reverse out of to limit bumper damage. The parking lot itself is a mayhem of snow mobiles and monstrous trucks. Our Cayenne even feels fragile in that company, an RS6 would be a constant worry. Same when driving over the pass where huge plows are driving up and down during snow falls spraying gravel and rocks, if your windscreen is low from the ground as on a wagon your risk of windscreen damage is exponentially higher. The swarm of lifted pickups without mud guards poses the same risk of rock chips and windscreen cracks to your lows-lung performance wagon.
Appreciate 1