View Single Post
      12-24-2020, 06:45 AM   #11
amzbimmer
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G80 comp San Marino Status 112

Quote:
Originally Posted by M-Enthusiast View Post
I would go AWD with winter tires as it adds security. I mean why go RWD in a snowy area with a 500hp car?

General remark:

I donīt know why all season tires would even be a consideration for an M car. I would not recommend nor think for one second about using all season tires on this car. If you can afford the car, you can afford the best solution for both performance and safety which is separate summer / winter setups. But that is just how I look at things.

Enjoy your future car!!
Agreed, whichever car I get, I would use winter tires in the snow and performance summer tires in the summer. I was just trying to compare my experience of using my wife's AWD SUV with all season tires. I feel like I had better control of my RWD M3 that I did of her SUV. I do drive very slowly and cautiously, but I never found the RWD to be a hindrance in an M3 with the right snow tires.

Sorry if the question was vague. I agree, I would not put all season tires on an M3. Just debating whether the longer wait for the G80 AWD and the extra cost is worth it for me.
Appreciate 0