12-07-2020, 08:02 PM   #61
DecemberStorm
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: G82 M4C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosef81 View Post
OK my point is this (granted UK pricing, and I am assuming the US pricing is similar in relative terms).

M4 Comp (only version we get here, and we don't get manual anymore) with the ultimate package ticked = £87305
Base 992 Carrera No options = £82795

Now, you could spec up a stripper 992 and be perfectly happy living with it, have 4 seats and lose less money on resale when compared to the (unnecessarily) optioned m4, and have more 'kudos' in the company car park (if that is important to you). The pressure to option out the M4 is greater for people as the design is less immediately appealing.

Finally I stand by the opinion that HP over 350/400 is unusable on the streets of the UK.
UK pricing is either not bad or has lesser standard equipment which is more likely

here in frozen land.. a base 992 C2 is >110k cad, you are gonna need to tick every single box on the G8X RWD (chunky ultimate package, carbon everything, etc) to get it there

i think most of us can agree that if we have the means to swing a properly speeced 992 C2S or C4S, let alone Turbo or GT models .. we'd do it... where I am there are about 55 thousand reasons why I'm getting a G82 and not a 992 LOL