View Single Post
      12-07-2020, 04:36 PM   #110
natedog7700
Captain
Rep
Drives: 07 335i RB's 625whp

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTO24 View Post
I'm in a group chat with a few BMW folks (mostly M2 and M3 owners) and most of their discussion is around drag racing and straight-line speed... that's not really my cup of tea anymore (I prefer HPDE days and the twisty stuff) and would not be in an M car if straight-line speed was my main goal.

GT-R, TTS, RS3, etc. would all be better choices, IMO.

First of all, the GTR is in a different class, you rarely see cross shoppers for a M3 vs a GTR. The GTR is rough, loud and has no back seats (realistically speaking) and its interior is trash.

BMW guys just want it all, they do want the straight line speed. They also want the luxury card, the twisty card, and perhaps the biggest of all, the name. you can be seen in a dodge challenger but wheres the name in that picture. Where is the twisty in Dodge? Its non existent, the BMW guys DO care about straight line speed, its one of the most intoxicating feelings and its pretty alpha male to be faster than all your buddies in their peasant Ford/Dodge muscle cars.

The TTS and RS3 are nice, but are not faster, they just launch harder with the AWD producing better 1/4 mile times. My point is, for the money the S55 is a solid performer for straight line speed compared to other vehicles out there if you still want a good all around practical car. A M5/RS7 etc. would be better but those outclass a M2 and cost more.

Last edited by natedog7700; 12-07-2020 at 08:01 PM..
Appreciate 0