pennsiveguy
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15 xDrive50i M-sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 213e90n51 View Post
When i was 17 Idknow why but I use to rev my e90 to 7000rpm with a cold engine. I did it to show off the exhaust and little pops when i started it up at school. I have no temp gauge and it was right when I started it up, 2 seconds later vbrmmmmm vbrrmmmmm. 7000Rpm pedal to the medal revving. The car has been smooth as silk and perfect with oil changes every year 9000-12,000 miles. Its been 4 years and my engine feels strong and gets driven hard everyday. But did i mess anything up in the engine from doing those cold morning revs when starting it up? Thanks if anyone can answer and it's embarrassing to tell u guys this LOL. I wanted to show those Lexus is, gs, and infiniti kids wssup with the 3L inline 6. LOL
It's impossible to know if you did any harm. You didn't do it any favors, I'm comfortable saying that. Revving a cold engine is just a bad idea. I'm also of the opinion that it's not a great idea to rev an engine really hard with no load on it, but there's a variety of opinions about that. My main objection is that it's got such a high douche quotient to it, when someone's sitting at a stop light or in a parking lot or a garage and revving the tits off an engine. It's right up there with the Harley doofuses who blip their throttles every 4 seconds while they're sitting at a traffic light. If they'd all just get t-shirts with "I've got a 3-inch dick" printed on both sides and stop blipping their throttles incessantly, the world would be a quieter, better place.