View Single Post
      10-22-2020, 07:37 AM   #243
low135
Banned
Rep
Drives: E88 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by VetteGuy View Post
I'm not sure exactly how many M3 and M4 units were sold in any given year recently, but considering... a fair portion of this relatively small forum don't totally hate the new look, and over 70% of new BMWs are leased, and since I suspect most buyers would still not significantly tamper with the OEM appearance, I question the cost of any complete facia swap. It seems unlikely that the cost of designing, producing, and marketing these aftermarket designs, at both a reasonable profit and a reasonable retail price, would be unrealistic. And, then the buyer needs to have the unit painted and installed so add $$$ to the swap.

It might sound good in a forum post with a photoshop, but when it comes down to actually delivering the product... would these really sell in sufficient numbers to do it?
Your assumption here is that it's going to be a cheap bumper. It isn't. Prior Design bumpers for other BMWs range from $1200-1800 without carbon add ons. They charge a hefty price already and likely only sell a couple dozen for each model. Prior has been doing this for a fair amount of time so I'd think they understand the target audience. Hell, they produce and sell widebody kits for ferraris. How many owners do you think actually go through with that?
Appreciate 1