First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M340 xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoale View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcjohnsonsg View Post
Yes, re-calibration is a good way to put it. I was already not quite as excited about the G80 as I anticipated I would be following the launch, and if the 400lbs weight increase is real I need to let that sink in for a bit. Will still go test drive one, but now thinking about other options. Unfortunately, around $85k is my max budget, so M5, 911 are not really options. But I have been looking up pre-owned Cayman GTS's, which might fit my budget.
If, if, if your lifestyle is amenable to a Cayman GTS, you don't really need to wait to test drive a G80. The Cayman's steering, braking, throttle response, transmission, sound, nimbleness, and dimensions are all going to be superior. And the Cayman is a GREAT looking car and the GTS will definitely better hold its value. That's not a knock on the G80, that's the reality of a purpose-built driver's car with a bunch of 911 parts and a thousand pound weight advantage.
All true - but going with a Cayman would force other changes too. My current plan is to use the G80 as a daily. I also have a Volvo XC60 (well, it's my girlfriends), but I hate driving it and will almost always take my current M340xdrive because it is practical enough to work in 95% of scenarios. The Cayman would inevitably mean having to drive the second car more frequently, and I couldn't bring myself to drive the XC60 more than I currently do. It sucks the joy out of life (although I'm quite comfortable while it's doing that!). Hence, Cayman means also replacing the XC60 with something like an X3 M40i.
Appreciate 0