First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M340 xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by solstice View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcjohnsonsg View Post
Yes, re-calibration is a good way to put it. I was already not quite as excited about the G80 as I anticipated I would be following the launch, and if the 400lbs weight increase is real I need to let that sink in for a bit. Will still go test drive one, but now thinking about other options. Unfortunately, around $85k is my max budget, so M5, 911 are not really options. But I have been looking up pre-owned Cayman GTS's, which might fit my budget.
A new four door MT performance car in 2021 spell G80 that's for sure. Personally I would not waste time on the coming Caddy unless you have had a great experience with a GM car. I just need to walk into the dealership and I realize I'm in the wrong place

An F80 is really not that exciting in 2021 either. It would not evoke the feelings you should get when buying a new car. I'd stick with the G80 in your shoes. I still might btw. there's still a lot to like and be excited over IMO.
I get what you're saying about Cadillac. Coming from the UK (but living in the US for last 17 yrs) I have no history with Cadillac and really have no interest (even though I accept they are making some nice handling cars these days).

I still have 18months of my M340xdrive lease to run, so will wait for all the G80 reviews to come out, and take it for a few test drives etc before I make my mind up. Also, my brother in UK has an order in for a G80, so when he gets it I will be interested in his view compared with his current F82C.
Appreciate 1
solstice5459.00