View Single Post
      09-24-2020, 01:59 PM   #19
Jacky Treehorn
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW

Originally wanted a 992s. Conservative options list put me at 120k easily. Took a test drive that turned me off....harsh ride for a 120k car/some rattles, insanely fast to the point of being boring. Sounded like a vacuum. More-so than the turbo BMWs.

Really got close to buying a Porsche Cayman GTS 4.0. Badass car. Just a little small and impractical for me right now.

Mild interest in the new STi that doesn't exist yet. It's a little immature for me anyhow, but I briefly owned a 2018 WRX that was a little swiss army knife, pretty cool car.

Am really looking to stay within the 65-90k range, want something that can be a jack of all trades, do grocery getting, highway bombing, road trips, track days. 4 doors or hatch is nice. I'm cool with barebones builds and I can likely get this car within my budget without all the BS bells and whistles. 6 speed, RWD, just a couple options.

I'm buying into some of the engineering changes they've made, and the way the car looks has grown on me like a fungus. At this point, it has for some reason infected my soul and I think I must have it, something about the aggressive styling and wheel arches get me. At this point I need something aggressive. Too many needle dicks driving around these compensation trucks that look like they are going to swallow my car when they tail me. I refuse to buy into this truck thing that's going on right now. It's like a middle finger to these people, where I live - NO one owns a sedan anymore.

What really got me...was the nurburgring track testing vids. The car looked so stable, and most of all....the sound has really improved to my ears. From the front end...I can really hear that old sound I'd hear from the E46 M3 induction noise and a bit of rasp if I use my imagination. It's not even close, but it's way better to me than the 992 which just sounds like a tesla vacuum. I do hear a bit of induction noise coming from the front end of this car when it's getting the beans....

Last edited by Jacky Treehorn; 09-24-2020 at 02:06 PM..
Appreciate 1
AlterZgo1537.50