CanAutM3
General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2021 911 turbo

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankiebones View Post
I feel it’s BMW trying to appeal to the most extreme members of the same crowd already buying its cars. In NYC you gotta see what some people do to their F8x’s....it’s....something else. BMW will capture those customers money instead of it all going to aftermarket companies...it’s actually brilliant. Cadillac had a similar approach when people used to throw chrome 22” rims on their Escalades. They simply started making 22” chrome rims themselves.

The car doesn’t come all “Paul Walkered out” (RIP) however. You can still choose fairly conservative color choices, forgo the giant wing, etc. I think that’s what most people will do.

I, myself, am doing the front lip and the triangular quad exhaust because I think it looks amazing.

In a weird way, I think they’re taking a page out of Scion’s playbook, making cars super customizable.
My comment was not specifically about the M-performance parts. I said it earlier, I believe a well chosen combo of these parts on a tastefully specced G8X will enhance it's visual appeal. My comment was more towards BMW's general marketing of the G8X.

Previous cars: M4cs 2019 F82 Limerock Grey / M4 2015 F82 Silverstone / M3 2008 E92 Silverstone / M3 2002 E46 Carbon Black
Appreciate 0